Beer and Dice- Skull and Shackles

Session 6

[start of Day 5]
STUMPY/RUBEUS: [D6 rolls: 5, 1]
VAREK/LUMAK: Daily Task: 1d6 = 5 (Lumak and Stumpy)
DUNGEON MASTER: You wake up to what appears to be a beautiful day, the smell of the salt air is strong on the breeze which is the perfect touch for a day on the open sea, you then remember you are on a pirate ship and have people on board that would likely be happy to see you dead.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy smiles at the thought. He stretches the knots out of his arms and prepares for the day’s labours.
DUNGEON MASTER: As you walk up to breakfast, Sandra, Rosie and Badger all come and eat with you, you have a pleseant time, laughing and enjoying the day. At the End of breakfast Mr Scourge Comes up, clearly pissed at your jolliness looks at you the four of you and says you are all maning the bilges today, so get ready to be even more smelly then you usally are. Sandra looks at you all apologetically as she moves off to do her work
DUNGEON MASTER: man the bilges – Vile and sweaty work cleaning out the bilges (area A11), requiring a DC 12 Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek rolls up his sleeves prepared for a hard days work in the bilges. He however is determined to influence someone working alongside them.
DUNGEON MASTER: You find you are down in the bilges with Tam “Narwhal” Tate [currently hotstile to you], Jack Scrimshaw [Friendly to you], Barefoot Samms Toppin [indifferent to you] and Tilly Brackett [currently friendly to you
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak isn’t so keen to jump into the day’s work, briefly considering taking it easy to either explore the ship or steal something that doesn’t belong to him. However he wishes to succeed in a mutany and something like this would require patience and friends in the right places. He decides to influence.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy and Rubeus decide to spend the day influencing whoever happens by.

Stumpy: Str 20, Con 11
Rubeus: Str 16, Con 6
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak: Str 18; Con 4
Varek: Str 20; 13
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy decides to assist Lumak by growling menacingly at the correct times.

Intimidate: 20
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak shuffles his way over to Tam Tate to smooth befriend him and use his natural charm with a series of foul jokes that only a pirate would appreciate.
Diplomacy check: 1d20+7 = 27 (+29 incl aid other)
DUNGEON MASTER: Tam “Narwhal” Tate who others have told you is an old friend of Master Scourge is a dwarf with a large, ugly nose, when you approach him he is completly dismissive of you and essentially growls at you, however the imiidation by Stumpy forces him to listen to Lumak’s constant talking, eventually the dirty jokes get through to the dwarf and he starts to chuckle at your exploits. [attitude change from Hostile to Indifferent]
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus chats up Jack Scrimshaw regarding his craft. Rubeus freely talks about his own experiences working in his father’s shop as a child.

Diplomacy: 17
DUNGEON MASTER: Jack who has been feeling isolated on this ship, appreciates the compnainship Rubeus is displaying and happily listens and talks his way through his shift [attitude change from friendly to helpful]
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek attempts to befriend Barefoot Samms Toppin, plying him with all of his charm and also opting for the dirty sailor jokes in an attempt to amuse the guy and make time in the bilges not so bad. Diplomacy check: 1d20+2 = 14

“An old, retired sailor puts on his old uniform and heads for the docks once more for old time’s sake. He engages a prostitute and takes her up
to a room.
He’s soon going at it as well as he can for a guy his age, but needing some reassurance, asks “How am I doing Darlin?”
The prostitute replies, “Well old sailor, you’re doing about three knots.”
“Three knots?” he asks, “What’s that supposed to mean?”
She replies, “You’re knot hard, you’re knot in, and you’re knot getting your money back.”
VAREK/LUMAK: Adj Dice Roll with lvl 2 bonus: 1d20+6 = 18
DUNGEON MASTER: Barefoot Samms Toppin, a former fisherwoman from the Sodden Lands who never wears shoes. She slaps her thigh and laughs heartily at your joke. "thanks Lad, I appreciate you not treating me like a wek lady and instead one of the boys. that was a goodun. She then proceeeds to tell you some of the dirtiest jokes you have ever heard, nearly rivalling Rosie.
[Attitude change from Indifferent to Friendly. ]
DUNGEON MASTER: 200 XP each for making Jack Helpful
DUNGEON MASTER: Both Rubeus and Varek are tired from the hard work, and are fatigued [A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity.]
DUNGEON MASTER: you all walk out from the Bilges ready for Bloody hour
DUNGEON MASTER: Bloody hour occurs, just a light whipping for some minor stealing, by someone you haven’t yet met. Dinner then occurs and all your friends sit with you, their number is growing and it is making your life on the ship much more enjoyable. You see Plugg and Scourge watching you all and then dissapear. 5 mins later
DUNGEON MASTER: you see Plugg and his cronies lead Owlbear onto deck just after the evening meal “for a bit of sport”, Plugg looks directly at the four of you and dares one of you to take him on, the game is bare-knuckle fists or wrestling only, no magic tricks, and the last one conscious wins. To make it more interesting, Plugg tosses down a purse of 100 gp as a wager on Owlbear. Plugg says any of you four can fight, if you have the balls. You can bet on who you want….the winner takes the pot. Plugg waits expectently
DUNGEON MASTER: Owlbear Hartshorn is a large man with meaty fists. He’s a bit simple, and the rest of the crew enjoys having a laugh at the poor fellow’s expense. To try to make friends, Hartshorn has taken to clowning, laughing, and crying out random phrases at the top of his voice, as this seems to make people laugh. Owlbear likes to eat live crabs, breaking the shells with his teeth and fingers, and his shaved skin still shows signs of the tarring and feathering the crew gave him as a cruel joke not so long ago.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy and Rubeus look the combatant over.

Perception: 22, 25
DUNGEON MASTER: you notice that Owlbear is blind in his left eye and very slow. you suspect if you attempt to fight Owlbear from that side, you can make a DC 10 Acrobatics or Bluff check each round to easily avoid Owlbear’s clumsy blow.
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek looks the man up and down, judging his strength and weaknesses as he waits for Stumpy to volunteer for the fist fight.
Sense Motive: 1d20+5 = 24
DUNGEON MASTER: You notice that his hands are enourmous and extreamly caloused. this is clearly a man used to knuckle fights
DUNGEON MASTER: you seem to think of him more as a fighter than a barbarian
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy sets aside his empty grog flask and gets to his feet, slowly brushing himself off.
DUNGEON MASTER: “Mr Pluggs Smiles and says alright boys we have a game.” you all go in to the middle of the deck. the crew forms a circle around you allowing 30 feet for the fight. Owlbear crackes his neck and his knuckles looks at you and says…“sorry, I’ll try not to hurt you too bad” you realise he is sincere, he clearly doesn’t want to be there."
just before the bout starts Mr Plugg doffs his hat to the bridge where you see Harrigan and his sorcerer pepperpot, The sorcerer motions her hands and casts a spell.
DUNGEON MASTER: [Iniative please]
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus Spellcraft: 23
DUNGEON MASTER: Reubus sees that the spell cast was detect magic. Obviously she is looking to see if anyone interferes with magic
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy Initiative: 16
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus notices the shenagian but says nothing.
DUNGEON MASTER: Mr Plugg yells Fight!
STUMPY/RUBEUS: “I’ll keep yer jibs aright, mate,” says Stumpy with a grin as he launches into a rage and attacks with both fists.

Attack: 20
Damage: 10
STUMPY/RUBEUS: [Previously, Stumpy put down 100gp of his own.]
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Acrobatics: 16
DUNGEON MASTER: Owlbear stumbles under the force of your blow and is clearly surprised at the strength of the blow but recovers and strikes back, the blow was strong and would have hit but Stumpy moves under the blow and comes up ready to hit Owlbear again
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy punches at Owlbear again. “Ye don’t care to sail this sea, do ya mate?” he asks in a sincerely friendly tone.

Attack: 19
Damage: 8
Acrobatics: 18
DUNGEON MASTER: Owlbear is knocked back and is a little shocked. causing him to miss Stumpy and he tries to retaliate.
DUNGEON MASTER: Plugg is clearly angry at this turn of events and hurls a club in his owlbears direction. Plugg orderes him to pick it up and use it. Owlbear naturally picks up the club and continues the fight with the weapon.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: “Avast!” cries Stumpy. “Yer sailing in foul seas now!”

Attack: 26
Damage: 9
Acrobatics: 17
DUNGEON MASTER: This blow makes Owlbear very groggy, Owlbear cries and tries to back away, but is pushed back into combat by Plugg and his mates, he stands there, unsure what to do, he clearly doesn’t want to continue fighting, the club is held limp at his side.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy grins at Owlbear. “This won’t hurt too much, mate,” he says.

Attack: 12
Damage: 9
Acrobatics: 12
DUNGEON MASTER: Owlbear is hit under the chin and goes flying through the air on to his back unconscious.
DUNGEON MASTER: Mr Plugg cleary angry starts to walk to where the money is, but stops once Capt Harrigan’s voice booms out over the ship good fight that, little one sided however, Mr Plugg I want to see you in my room. With that the capt turns around and leaves with Pepperpot following. Mr Plugg glances once more at his money scowls at Stumpy and then heads towards where the Capt departed.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy picks up the discarded club and slaps it against his palm a few times before going to pick up his winnings.
DUNGEON MASTER: the total amount of money is 200gp
DUNGEON MASTER: 400 xp each for the fight
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus goes to check on owlbear.
DUNGEON MASTER: Rum Rations are served out at the ned of the fight but everyone is around stumpy shaking his hand that it is very easy to pour the rum out without being seen
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek moves quickly to Owlbear’s side, gesturing to Rubeus to assist as he attempts to drag Owlbear away from the crowd before Mr Plugg can return to punish the man freely in front of the crew.
DUNGEON MASTER: Owlbear is ok, just simply unconscious
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy grins and vigerously shakes every crew member’s hand.
DUNGEON MASTER: owlbear is increadibly heavy but you manage to pull him away without incident
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak cheers with the rest of the crew, “Well done, you won fair and square and end better, Mr Plugg didn’t enjoy it at all. Haha”
STUMPY/RUBEUS: “I suppose that’s not the end of the matter,” grunts Rubeus as he helps Varek heave Owlbear’s body back to the berth.
VAREK/LUMAK: When Owlbear has been dragged to the side with cover, Varek will use three positive energy bursts.
DUNGEON MASTER: Owlbear wakes up and is surprised to see you all standing around him trying to assit him
VAREK/LUMAK: Channel Healing: 3d6 = 9 hp healed
VAREK/LUMAK: “You fought well. Stumpy is no push over my friend. Remind me to never challenge you to a fist fight or an arm wrestle,” replies Varek with a wink as he helps Owlbear to his feet.
DUNGEON MASTER: “Than…er thanks for helping me” Owlbear stutters, I haven’t ever been beaten. I wish I hadn’t been ordered to attack with the club, If I hadn’t used it we would have both been keel-hauled. That Stumpy was amazing
DUNGEON MASTER: I am glad he beat me
VAREK/LUMAK: “Aye don’t worry about it one bit about using the club. We all understood the real rules to the fight. The best bit was Mr Plugg was rightly pissed at loosing his coin. We will keep an eye on yer back,” replies Varek.
DUNGEON MASTER: Owlbear is really surprised by you offer to watch his back.
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek Diplomacy check: 1d20+6 = 18
DUNGEON MASTER: Owlbear is clearly touched by your offers…“i…I’ll keep out an eye for your back as well” he stutters [owlbear attitude friendly]
DUNGEON MASTER: I had better go, if I don’t report back to be chained up, I’ll get in trouble. Iwth that he wanders off below deck
DUNGEON MASTER: As you are standing around talking to others “Caulky” Tarroon the Cabin Girl comes with 50 GP and says, that was from the Captain, he was impressed with your gusto. Don’t let it go to your head! She then wonders off.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy grins at the lass and pockets the money.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus berths down early, but Stumpy decides to head down to visit the Owlbear. “Your share o’the booty,” grins Stumpy as he clandestinely tosses the large man 50 GP.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy takes some care not to be seen, but he is not overly furtitive.
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek decides to follow Stumpy, attempting to avoid getting caught as he visits Owlbear outside the officers quarters. His goal is to convert two of his 1st level spells into Cure Light Wounds to make sure Owlbear is back to full strength (healing double non-leathal damage).
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek Night Activity: Sneak
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stealth: 7
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek Stealth check: 1d20+7 = 22
DUNGEON MASTER: you manage to get to Owlbear who is chained up again, he is sitting on the floor clearly feeling sorry for himslef and you see several welts on his face which you assume was made from the handle of a whip.
DUNGEON MASTER: He stands up as soon as he realises you are approaching
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek places a single finger before his lips indicating Owlbear to remain silent. He whispers to him, “I told you we would watch yer back and this is what I meant, don’t tell anyone we were here ok?” Varek converts two 1st lvl spells into Cure Light Wounds, healing the worst of Owlbear’s injuries.
Cure Light Wounds: 2d8+4 = 10
DUNGEON MASTER: Owlbear looks in great surprise at the money in front of him. “I don’t understand” you won, Noone ever gives me money even when I win? He is clearly confused
STUMPY/RUBEUS: “Ye fought like hell’s fury, mate, and ya get a share’o the booty. Keep it to yerself, though, eh?”
DUNGEON MASTER: Owlbear feels the magic heal him and and looks at the money you gave him and begins to sob quitely, noone has ever been friendly to me before, thank you very much
DUNGEON MASTER: [Owlbear moves from Friendly to Helpful in attitude] XP 400
DUNGEON MASTER: I won’t forget this stumpy man, I will never forget this!
STUMPY/RUBEUS: “There there, mate, ye got a sqall about ye crow’s nest. Just take care of yourself, as I reckon these seas be gettin’ a bit stormier after this.”
STUMPY/RUBEUS: With that Stumpy heads off to his berth.
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek doesn’t mess around, quickly heading off back to the rest o the crew with Stumpy.
DUNGEON MASTER: [End of five ]
Days
DUNGEON MASTER: Days six and seven go without much happening other than on day six there is some rain and on day seven there is clearly a storm brewing. It is going to be a big one
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek Diplomacy check: 1d20+6 = 18, 12, 15, 11
Lumak Diplomacy check: 1d20+7 = 24, 24, 12, 25
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus Diplomacy: 10, 9, 21, 25
Stumpy Intimidate: 9, 23, 9, 12
DUNGEON MASTER: During Day 6 you are with Jakes Magpie (hostile), Aretta Bansion (hostile), Tilly Brackett (friendly) and Sandra (Helpful)
DUNGEON MASTER: Lumak Spends all day on Day six trying to influence Jakes Magpie and finally succeds cahnging his attitude from Hostile to Unfriendly
DUNGEON MASTER: Stumpy spends his night trying to intimidate Ratline and succesfuly intimidates hime to Friendly
DUNGEON MASTER: During day 7 you are with Jakes Magpie (Unfriendly), Fipps Chumlett (hostile), Tam “Narwhal” Tate (indifferent) and Barefoot Samms Toppin (friendly)
DUNGEON MASTER: Rubues successful continues on where Stumpy left off and spends the whole day telling dirty jokes to Barefoot moving her attitude from Friendly to Helpful
DUNGEON MASTER: Varek keeps up with the dwarf Narwhale whilst as a swab and actually gets the dwarf to sing some dwarven songs and moves his attitude to Friendly

  • DUNGEON MASTER sent Kroop.png Kroop.png Kroop.png *
  • DUNGEON MASTER sent owlbear.png owlbear.png owlbear.png *
    DUNGEON MASTER: As you walk past the Kitchen you notice Kroop who is the middle of one of his famous drinking sessions. He invites you in
    STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus accepts the invitation, taking a seat on a spare stool.
    STUMPY/RUBEUS: “How does she fare, Mr. Kroop?”
    DUNGEON MASTER: Not bad my young friend, I have grog and the night is still young, care for some….
    STUMPY/RUBEUS: “Why the blazes not? You’re all right, you know that?”
    DUNGEON MASTER: so I tell myself every day Hic….
    STUMPY/RUBEUS: “And why shouldn’t ye? Why shouldn’t ye? I bet the last boatfull of skallywags must’ve said so to ye every chance they got.”
    DUNGEON MASTER: Aye that they did lad…Besmara guide em!
    STUMPY/RUBEUS: “Besmara guide em indeed! I hope this life was good to em, in the end…”
    DUNGEON MASTER: “aaah most of em died fighting as a pirate…what more could ya….hic… want.” He then offers a toast, “To the lost”
    STUMPY/RUBEUSDUNGEON MASTER Ahhh we can well see we was with the exception of a few close confidantes of the captain, Hic…the previous Wormwood’s crew was decimated in the battle with the Chelish navy. The Captain got caught but managed to escape grab us and grab back the ship. Hic…But Harrigan needed to replenish his crew with fresh bodies, so He….hic returned to Port Peril, the rough-and-tumble capital of the Shackles, to press-gang new hands for his ship…hic—thats where you come in, so that’s how you now now find yourselves members of his crew of scoundrels and cutthroats with so many new shipmates….Hic…
    STUMPY/RUBEUS: “Ah! Damn those devil worshiping dogs thrice over and then thrice again! May they be avenged!” he says enthusastically raising his mug, then with a wry grin: “by someone else!”
    DUNGEON MASTER: Kroop laughs and agrees…death to all those Chelish bastards…but I’m happy for someone else ta be dealing the death! Hiiiic.
    DUNGEON MASTER: [Kroop attitude changes from Friendly to Helpful] 600 xp
    STUMPY/RUBEUS: “You’re a good cook and a fine drinkin fellow!” puts in Rubeus. “May your tankard never run dry!”

With that, Rubeus makes his way back to his berth.
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak attempts to reconcile the differences between themselves and Fipps who had been used to attack us within the first few days on the ship.
“No hard feelings mate eh? We all have learnt the hard way how things are done around here and what we need to do to survive. There will come a day when those that abuse their position are held accountable. Those of us down here need to stick together otherwise we will be toys for those of the likes of Mr Plugg to do as he wishes. Fuck that if you ask me. You saw today between Owlbear and Stumpy we can play their game and win and that wo’t be the last trust my words.”
Diplomacy check: 1d20+7 = 25
DUNGEON MASTER: Fipps looks at Lumak and then spits on the ground in front of him. Watch yer back ya porpose faced bastard…you might find a knife in it. Mr Plugg is in charge not some lilly livered flump like you. and don’t ya Forget it with that he walks off
DUNGEON MASTER: 200xp for Barefoot Samms Toppin
[End of day seven].

View
Session 5

DUNGEON MASTER: [Start of Session]
DUNGEON MASTER: Start of Day 4
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Roll for Day 4’s activities: 1
DUNGEON MASTER: The Dawn Bell rings wake the four of you up, alerting you to go get breakfast for the start of the day. The day out side is bright, clear and warm but not uncomfortable
VAREK/LUMAK: Roll for Day 4’s Activities: 18
VAREK/LUMAK: Roll for Day 4’s Activities: 4
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy stretches out his shoulder joints before leaping out of bed, his previous day’s lashings taking only a small toll on his vitality.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rebeus has been up for about an hour, studying his spellbook clandestinely. He now rolls out of bed, grumbling somewhat as if he had just been wakened by the bell.
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek finishes his quiet contemplation in his swaying hammock as he prays to Besmara for her blessings.
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak swings out of the hammock, landing softly on the wooden deck, quickly checking his belongings before following the pirates to the top deck.
DUNGEON MASTER: When you get on deck for work Plugg growls at the four of you. Two of ya be doing swab work two of ya be doing riggin…you decide then get out of my hair
DUNGEON MASTER: Stumpy and Varek look at each other and decide to do swab duty and are sent to haul rope for the day where you are required to tie and untie knots in the ship’s ropes and moving heavy coils of rope from one part of the ship to another, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. You will need to also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.
DUNGEON MASTER: Reubius and Lumak decide to do Rigger duties today and are sent to do rope work where you are handling the ship’s ropes, including coiling them, stowing them, and securing them to cleats and single and double bollards, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy decides to spend his spare time making new friends, easily completing his tasks with energy to spare.
Prof(sailor) 21
Con check: 11
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek decides to help Stumpy influence some of the crew they have not yet had an opportunty to speak with.
Profession (sailor) check: 1d20+9 = 11
Con check: 1d20+3 = 5
DUNGEON MASTER: Stumpy and Varek, realise they are working with Tilly Brackett and Ratline” Rattsberger while on swab duty.
DUNGEON MASTER: Tilly is a female human who you have noticed as tough joker who likes her rum, but seems reliable. Ratline is a male who is a rat-faced halfling with long arms and three missing fingers.
DUNGEON MASTER: both of them seem to be indifferent to both of you, they have not been invovled in any of the scrapes you have had in the last few days yet neither has gone out of their way to help you.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: While in the midst of rubbing some seawater onto the deck, Stumpy “accidently” splashes Ratline across the face.

“Yar!” growls stumpy, “ya have the look of a parched sea dog!”

Diplomacy: 1
DUNGEON MASTER: Are you making fun of my face you bastard. You stay on that side of the deck and I’ll stay on this side! Else there will be trouble.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: “Avast! I’ll swab whichever side o this miserable ship I happen to fancy,” growls Stumpy.
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek strikes up a conversation with both Tilly, “Me name’s Varek, good to meet another friendly face aboard this ship. Should be sleeping off a hell of a hangover back at port however I found myself aboard this here fine ship much to me surprise.”
Diplomacy check: 1d20+2 = 19
DUNGEON MASTER: Yea, I know who you are, Rosie has told me about ya, you have been pretty nice to her, I appreciate that. My name is Tilly. Same sort of thing happened to me. Don’t really remember where and when, I was a little under the weather for a few days so it could have been any time during that bender’ Tilly says laughing.
DUNGEON MASTER: Tilly’s Attitude has changed to Friendly
DUNGEON MASTER: Ratline is now unfriendly to you
VAREK/LUMAK: “If you have any problems let me know. I’m sure if we keep an eye out for each other we can do just fine given the circumstances. If you are a friend of Rosie I know you are a good sort to trust,” replies Varek with a slight grin.
DUNGEON MASTER: Tilly responds, Now worries mate! then moves away as she notices Scrourge coming in your general direction scowling at you. However when she moves away Scourge has nothing to comment on so grunts and moves away
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek wipes the sweat from his forehead, muttering under his breath, “Damn this sun if making me sweat like a pig in a sweatbox!”
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy tries his luck with Tilly, making small talk about his favorite rum houses back in port.

Diplomacy: 9
DUNGEON MASTER: Tilly looks at stumpy through squinting eyes and says "are you accusing me of being an alcoholic or are you trying to chat me up? Which I might add is unwelcome.
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek swabs the deck closer to Ratline, “How are ye going? My head hasn’t stopping spinning, I think I might have had a drop too much last night. At least I haven’t feed the fish yet if ye know what I mean. Haha.” Varek motions to Ratline’s missing fingers, “What happened with ye fingers? Did ye loost em to the sharks that seem to always be waiting in the waters for an easy meal?” Varek shivers slightly at the thought of sharks and the icy waters they sailed in.
Diplomacy check: 1d20+2 = 14
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy grins at Tilly’s sudden change of behavior and continues to talk about his fondest memories of swilling and wenching.
DUNGEON MASTER: Ratline says, nothing much… happened when I was new to being on a ship… got a rope caught around my hand when I shouldn’t have and a sail went down and my figers went up with the rope it was attached to.
DUNGEON MASTER: nothing really all that exciting.
VAREK/LUMAK: “I’ve seen that happen before, if I was there I would have patched ye up like new. I tell you what scars and missing fingers are just like tattoo only with better stories. I bet ye could do well impressing one of the woman on board if we told em ye fought off a hungry reef shark or something. Add a bit of spice to liven things up if ye know what I mean. Besmara’s blessing to both of us to stay on this wooden deck.” Varek glances over the railings of the ship into the dark icy depths of the ocean with a shiver running down his spine.
DUNGEON MASTER: Eh…women are interested or their not. stories won’t help em. anyway I gotta swing over to that line over there to check the knots see ya later
DUNGEON MASTER: Rebeus and Lumak are in the rigging with “Badger” Medlar a female half-elf who is an older woman who shaves her gray hair into stripes and Shivikah a female human who is a very tall Mwangi exslaver. Both women are not that interested in talking to either of you, if you want to make friends with them you know you are going to have to work hard
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus works the rigging, moving deliberately so as to not fall.

Prof(sailor): 10
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak works around the rigging, repairing damaged rope and checking the knots to ensure they are secure. He will attempt to influence while working the rigging.
Profession (sailor) check: 1d20+5 = 13
STUMPY/RUBEUS: During the course of his day’s work, Rubeus attempts to strike up a conversation with Badger. “There be something about the sea,” he muses. “I be young now, but I could get old out here and not be regrettin’ how I spent my life..”

Diplomacy: 24
DUNGEON MASTER: I Understand what you are saying young one and I have indeed done just what you say and it still holds sway over me.
DUNGEON MASTER: Badgers Attitude has changed to Indifferent
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Later, Rubeus finds himself musing in front of Shivikah.

Diplomacy: 7
DUNGEON MASTER: Shivikah turns to Rubeus and says. Look Plugg and Scourge have it in for you.. I don’t care for you so tht makes you a no go zone for me. you stay away from me. I’ll stay on this line you stay on that line and that way I won’t be tempted to slip a dagger in your shoulder blades kapish!
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus gives Shikikah an even look before returning to his tasks.
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak climbs over he rigging to speak with Badger, “I haven’t yet had the chance to meet you, my name’s Lumak, a sneaky scoundrel of a halfling if I don’t say so meself. Ye look like you can handle yourself quite well, how long have ye been on board this ship? Me? I’m trying to learn the ropes and find me footing.”
Diplomacy check: 1d20+6 = 26
DUNGEON MASTER: I haven’t been on this ship long, but I have been on ships all my life. You are doing quite well with the ropes if this is your first time. I wolud be happy to take you through the basics to make sure you do everything correct. The rest I suspect you will pick up quickly mr Sneaky scoundrel halfling. You remind me of me when I was your age!
DUNGEON MASTER: Badgers attitude has changed to Helpful.
DUNGEON MASTER: 200XP for everyone
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak offers a wide grin, “That is most kind of ye, if ye are ever need a return of the favour ye only need to ask.”
DUNGEON MASTER: Certainly She smiles. As the conversation takes a natural break, you realise it is about Midmorningwhen you notice young Jack Scrimshaw rushes onto deck, shouting in fear when he heads straight to Mr Plugg.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy eavesdrops.

Perception: 25
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak Perception check: 1d20+7 = 15
Varek Perception check: 1d20+5 = 15
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus per check: 22
DUNGEON MASTER: You notice his Jack’s ashen face as well as overhear what he reports to Mr. Plugg. Jack was below on rat-catching duty when something big swam out of the bilge water and bit him.
DUNGEON MASTER: Plugg immediately looks for volunteers to investigate, and selects the four of you telling you to get down to the bilges and not bother coming out until whatever is down there is dead.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy grins and marches down the steps, greatsword at ready. Rubeus follows behind, sans the smile and with his crossbow drawn and loaded.
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak grins at the mention of danger, sliding down the rope as quickly as possible without risk of falling. He scampers off with dagger in hand.
Varek draws a dagger secured to his right belt sheath to defend himself against whatever danger was to be found below.
DUNGEON MASTER: As you make your way down to the Bilges, you notice how rediciuosly hot it currently is. You feel that the conditions are very hot

[rules for very hot – Characters in very hot conditions (above 90° F) must make a Fortitude saving throw each hour (DC 15, 1 for each previous check) or take 1d4 points of nonlethal damage. Characters wearing heavy clothing or armor of any sort take a –4 penalty on their saves. A character with the Survival skill may receive a bonus on this saving throw and might be able to apply this bonus to other characters as well (see the skill description). Characters reduced to unconsciousness begin taking lethal damage (1d4 points per hour)]
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Sweat gleams on Stumpy’s bare arms and legs.
DUNGEON MASTER: The water in the bildge is making things difficult to see where the thing that attack JAck might be
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek casts Light on the front buckle of his belt to illuminate the lower deck.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus casts light on the shaft of his crossbow bolt and positions himself back against the wall. Stumpy steps forward and begins poking around with his greatsword.
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek softly prays to Besmara as they make their way down the wooden staircase to investigate what has attacked the crew.
Healing Burst: 1d6 = 6 hp healed
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy grins at Varek by means of thanking him.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: *by way of thanking him.
DUNGEON MASTER: You see something moving towards you through the water, it is concealed in the water but you make out that it has a furry back and is the size of a small dog. large enough to cause problems.
DUNGEON MASTER: Iniative
DUNGEON MASTER: iniviatialy please
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek uses Seize of Initiative domain power on Stumpy, he may roll Intiative twice and select the better roll.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy Initiative: 23, 8
Rubeus Initiative: 21
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak Initiative check: 1d20
3 = 13
Varek Initiative check: 1d20+2 = 9
DUNGEON MASTER: Iniaitive
Stumpy
Rubeus
beast 1
beast 2
Lumak
Varak
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy flies into a rage and slashes down at the nearest furry assailiant.
[water concealment negated]
Attack: 24
Damage: 17
DUNGEON MASTER: Stumpy manages to complete impale the rat wave it above his head and throw it off his greatsword and slam it against the bildge wall with a thud. The rat dies instantly
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus delays a moment, waiting for the full threat to materialize.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: [Delay till after beast 2.]
DUNGEON MASTER: Perception check from all please
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak Perception check: 1d20+7 = 27
Varek Perception check: 1d20+5 = 11
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus per: 4+?
Stumpy per: 23
DUNGEON MASTER: A rat goes straight for Stumpy and bites him on the leg for 4 damage, there is a possibility that it has transferred some sort of disease. [Fort save please DC 11]
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Fort save: 13
DUNGEON MASTER: A rat attacks Varak but Varak is able to defend himself successfully with his dagger
DUNGEON MASTER: Initative
Stumpy
Rubeus
beast 1
beast 2
Lumak
Varak
beast 3
beast 4
beast 5
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus fires his crossbow at the rat in the southwest corner. The light enchanted bolt sails through the air, but fails to hit its target.
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak stabs the rat creature with his dagger o Hit (dagger): 1d20+4 = 19
Damage (dagger): 1d3+4 = 5
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak stabs the rat creature with his dagger.
To Hit (dagger): 1d20+4 = 19
Damage (dagger): 1d3+4 = 5
DUNGEON MASTER: Lumak Successfully stabs the rat through the eye into it’s brain killing it instantly
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek moves five foot to his left before slashing the rat that was hidden in the corner of the ship.
To Hit (dagger): 1d20+2 = 8
DUNGEON MASTER: Varek’s movements are awkward due to the level of water in the bilge and he misses
DUNGEON MASTER: The rat attacks back but misses Varek as it can’t quite bite through Varek’s Armour
DUNGEON MASTER: A rat moves forward towards Stumpy and bites Stumpy on the other leg for 1 damage. There is a possibility that it has transferred some sort of disease. [Fort save please DC 11]
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy overcomes the disease.
DUNGEON MASTER: A rat moves forward towards Varek and bites him on the thigh for 2 damage. There is a possibility that it has transferred some sort of disease. [Fort save please DC 11]
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek Fort save: 1d20+5 = 16
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy swings at the dire rat to his right and misses.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy continues to fight against the diseases affecting him.
Fort saves: 16, 10
DUNGEON MASTER: Stumpy has successfully fought of Filth Fever from both bites.
DUNGEON MASTER: A rat attacks Stumpy once again this time biting him on the arm for 1 damage. There is a possibility that it has transferred some sort of disease. [Fort save please DC 11]
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy shrugs off the disease.
Fort save: nat 20
VAREK/LUMAK: brb
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus moves along the wall, positioning himself behind Varek and letting fly with a dazzling cone of color. [Color spray, will dc 16]
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek Will save: 1d20+7 = 23
DUNGEON MASTER: Both rats are entranced by the Colour spray.
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak moves five foot to reposition himself closer to Stumpy after seeing Rubeus deal with the rats on the far side of bilges.
To Hit (dagger): 1d20+4 = 13
Damage (dagger): 1d3+4 = 6
DUNGEON MASTER: Lumak damages the rat badly but it is still up
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek coup de grace the rat unconscious before him with a clean slice of his dagger.
To Hit (automatic & critical)
Damage (dagger): 2d4+4 = 7
DUNGEON MASTER: Varak slices the rat across the throat and kills it
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek 2nd Fort save: 1d20+5 = 15
DUNGEON MASTER: Varak has successfully save against filth fever

One of the rats attacks stumpy once more but he is able to to block it successfully
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy misses the rat to his right.
[nat 1]
DUNGEON MASTER: A rat attacks Stumpy and bites him for 4 damage There is a possibiltiy that it has transferrd some sort of disease. [Fort save please DC 11]
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Blood flows freely down stumpy’s legs.
[Fort save: 19]
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus withdraws a club and coup de graces the remaining unconcious rat.
Total Damage: 28
DUNGEON MASTER: Rubeus smashes the rat with such force blood and intestines spurt all over the sodden floor
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak moves five foot down before attempting to drive his dagger into the rat.
To Hit (dagger): 1d20+4 = 19
Damage (dagger): 1d3+4 = 5
DUNGEON MASTER: Lumak kills the rat with ease
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek moves over to Stumpy, converting the Command spell into Cure Light Wounds to heal the serious injuries he has received from the rats.
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8+1 = 7
DUNGEON MASTER: The last rat continues to attack Stumpy and does 2 damage There is a possibility that it has transferred some sort of disease. [Fort save please DC 13]
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy barely notices the bite, aided in part to Varek’s healing magic.
Fort save: 17
STUMPY/RUBEUS: He whirls and swings down with his massive greatsword.
Attack: 22
Damage: 18
DUNGEON MASTER: Stumpy takes his revenge on the final rat and slices it in two. Final DC save for Stumpy (DC 13) and Varek (DC11)
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek Fort save: 1d20+5 = 13
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy fort save: 17
DUNGEON MASTER: Both men are free from Filth Fever [end of rounds]
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy slumps against the bulkhead, quite winded. On the other hand, Rubeus takes the opportunity to look around, searching for a place where so many rats could have come from and checking around for anything of value.
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek presents his holy symbol concealed underneath his tunic before channeling a healing burst to heal Stumpy and himself of their minor wounds.
Healing Burst: 1d6 = 5
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Perception: 10
DUNGEON MASTER: Stumpy despite his Sea reaver title can’t seem to find anything in the water
STUMPY/RUBEUS: After his fatigue wears off, Stumpy joins the search.
Stumpy per: 20
DUNGEON MASTER: [Redacted stumpy search ] Rebeus does not find anything in the waters in the bilge
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy flashes another grateful grin at Varek.
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak walks over to inspect where the rats came from. “The sailor said these beats came from the water. I’m curious where such a large number could have been hidding on board for so long?”
Perception check: 1d20+7 = 16
DUNGEON MASTER: Stumpy spends some time searching and discovers that the 6 dire rats gnawed their way out of a dodgy consignment of barley.
DUNGEON MASTER: Both Stumpy and Lumak find in the bildge a number of discarded crates and boxes packed with straw, among which can be found a suit of leather armor, three heavy maces, a tanglefoot bag, 21 gp and 12 sp
DUNGEON MASTER: 810 xp for everyone
VAREK/LUMAK: “I’d be hungry too for fresh meat if my diet had been limited too barley.” Lumak will tap and listen to any other crates that could contain stowaway dire rats that had not yet eaten their way to freedom.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus helps himself to one of the heavy maces.
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek scoffs at the heavy maces. “Besmara would be beside herself if I resorted to using such a heavy and cumbersome weapon as a mace. Might be good to pawn off for something else if no one else has a use for it?”
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy gathers up the remaining equipment to sell to Grok.
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak offers to take the leather armour if no one has use of it. He will spend a few rounds putting the armour on to test it fits well.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy takes two of the dead rats by the tail and drags them up the stairs as proof of their mighty victory.
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak and Varek collect two rats each to carry as proof to the crew of their exploits dealing with the dire rats.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Rubeus takes up zero rats, but has the confident look of a man who has done his job well.
DUNGEON MASTER: When you drag the rats upstairs, Plugg looks at you and says, so these little things are what Jake ran away from….Pathetic. Well…back to work the lot of you. Plugg then hauls the dead rats over the side of the ship.
DUNGEON MASTER: The rest of the day goes without incident.
DUNGEON MASTER: [Bloody Hour]
During Bloody Hour, Fibbs is dragged to the whipping pole . He is forced their by a giant of a man (you know others call him Owlbear). Fibbs protests the entire way saying, he didn’t steal anything he was set up, and why would he steal from a friend. Plugg responds…so ya would steal from others eh. You are definitely getting the whip! With that Scourge takes the whip and starts to give Fipps 6 lashes. He doesn’t look happy to do it but does what is required. On the last stroke Fibbs breaks down and crys. Scourge leads him off with a look of disgust
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy and Rubeus watch the proceedings with a blank face.
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak silently laughts at Fibbs torment at the lash of the whip, hidding his pleasure from the crew.
DUNGEON MASTER: Dinner is quite ordinary but there is enough nourishment for you all. Varek keeps yawning throughout the meal
DUNGEON MASTER: The rum rations come around and each sailor is handed their rations
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak pretends to drink the rum ration, waiting for the opportune moment to toss it to the side.
Stealth check: 1d20+11 = 20
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Both Rubeus and Stumpy drink a moderate portion of their rations, spilling the contents down their shirts or overboard when the opportunity presents itself.
Rubeus stealth: 3
Stumpy Stealth: 19
VAREK/LUMAK: Varek already feeling light headed from a days work of swabbing does not want to make things worse so he attempts to discard the rum ration.
Stealth check: 1d20+6 = 9
DUNGEON MASTER: Rubeus and Varek are lucky, for this night Scourge and Plugg are both arguing about Fibbs to bother looking to see who is having the rations.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy returns Rosie’s fiddle and then proceeds back to the arm-wrestling barrel.
Rubeus seeks out Giffer Tibbs and tries to chat her up.
DUNGEON MASTER: As Stumpy gives Rosie back her Fiddle He sees something others have never seen. Rosie tears up with joy to have her Fiddle back. She hugs Stumpy and Pulls Stumpy face down to her level and gives him a great big kiss on the mouth than runs off to play her Fiddle.
VAREK/LUMAK: “I’m going to crash early, a good night sleep should put me in good order,” replies Varek to his companions before hitting the hammock.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy grins nice and wide and gives her a pat on the rump as she runs off.
DUNGEON MASTER: When Stumpy gets to the barrell for his arm westling. Stumpy is a bit shocked to see Grok there as his opponant. She says. Me heard you is good. Lets s how good. Grok being there attracts a crowd of 15 people . Grok tells everyone the minimum bet is 11 GP for each person. This causes some people to leave so there are 11 people betting.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy grins his customary eye-crinkling grin, and puts down 22 gold.
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Strength: 19+7=26
DUNGEON MASTER: Stumpy Wins with out a problem. Grok face shows Surprise and then A huge grin goes across her face. She laughs (and seems not to notice the pain) and gives you such a strong bear hug you hear your back crack and you wonder how on earth you won! She gives you your money and then leaves. Stumpy wins 165gp
STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy collects his winnings and slaps several backs on his way down to the hammocks.
DUNGEON MASTER: XP for Rosie 400 each
STUMPY/RUBEUS: He also makes sure he returns Grok’s hug with equal strength, expending a round of rage to do so.
VAREK/LUMAK: Lumak attempts to influence Ratline to patch things up after the days activities. “You know he isn’t that bad,” he says as he inclinds his head to Stumpy. “He may come across STUMPY/RUBEUSas a rude son of bitch but he just doesn’t know anything else. He just gave Rosie her fiddle back which was confiscated so she can entertain us lot plus he dealt with four dire rats single handed in the bilge today. Trust me we are on your side, if anyone gives you any grief let me know and we will fix it.”
Diplomacy check: 1d20+6 = 24
DUNGEON MASTER: Ratline Sniffs at you…he is a rude pig, but you are not too bad, but I just know trouble is going to find you. I ain’t looking for trouble, but I ain’t going to make trouble for you either.
Ratline’s attitude is moves from Unfriendly to Indifferent
STUMPY/RUBEUS: In the meantime, Rubeus has a go at befriending Giffer Tibbs.
Rubeus Diplomacy: 25
DUNGEON MASTER: Giffer at first is frosty cold towards you but eventually you win her around, especially when you tell her you we able to get Rosies Fiddle back. her attitude towards you goes from Unfriendly to Friendly.
DUNGEON MASTER: [End of Session End of day 4]

View
Session 4
session 4
DUNGEON MASTER: [Start of Session] DUNGEON MASTER: Start of day 3 STUMPY/RUBEUS: Stumpy will be a swab today, and Rubeus will be cooking. DUNGEON MASTER: As stumpy and Rubeus come up for breakfast they see Scourge and Plugg talking together, then Mr. Plugg comes over to the two of them and says…“you’ll be our rat catchers today” he laughs an evil laugh…watch out that they don’t bite ya and give ya some disease!
View
Session 1
Session 1 - Day 1

ANDREW: I did get together a bit of background for my guys, in case anyone wants it
DANIEL: yes plz
ANDREW:
STUMPY
Appearance
Stumpy’s stringy, yellow hair is often oily and uncombed. His tattooed, muscled body belies his elven heritage. He is not tall, but his bulk gives him a presence well beyond his stature. A polished dark-wood peg is attached to the stump under his left knee—all that remains of his leg. His ice-blue eyes are often red-rimmed , as though he has taken too much rum. Despite his appearance, Stumpy benefits from an ever-present grin that rises to the corners of his eyes—a trait that has aided in the seduction of more than one fishmonger’s daughter.
Personality
Stumpy’s dishevelled exterior conceals an erudite mind, far surpassing that of the typical sea-dog. Although he loves the unrestrained freebooter’s life more than anything in the world, there is another side to his mind—a side that longs for the stability that his childhood never afforded him. Thus his moods are as varied as the sea—melancholy one moment, raging the next. The only thing constant is his grin, for no matter his mood, he is a man always game. He speaks with a sea-dog’s drawl, occasionally employing sophisticated words as befits a man of his intellect.
Backstory
Stumpy is the son of a woman of the far north, who is known by many names: the White Whore, the Siren of Infidel, the Devourer. Some say she is a hag, or a half-demon, or a dark fairy, or an exile of Irisen. In reality, she is but a hard-hearted elven witch who dwells in a lighthouse on a cold, white shore.
Her first—and only—child she named “Sin”, believing that he had been sired by an ice demon. The boy had a hard, unhappy life—at one point, when he was eight years old, his mother tied him down and allowed a reefclaw to chew off his deformed foot, while she stood nearby laughing. As the child grew into a man, he learned to trust only his strength and his anger—a mentality his mother rather encouraged.
One day when he was a young man, Sin simply walked away from his unpleasant home, with only the clothes on his back and the axe at his side. Without looking back, he found passage on a sea, and has since lived an unsavoury life in the high seas. So far as he knows, his mother has made no effort to seek him out; nor he her.
ANDREW:
RUBEUS
Appearance
Rubeus is as plain-looking a sailor as ever there was. His close-cropped hair is the colour of reddish sand; his face is open, honest and in every way unremarkable; his body is that of a craftsman, who possesses strength, endurance, and control in moderate degrees. Rubeus typically wears bleached white shirts (the sleeves of which are often blood-stained from surgery) and baggy sailor’s pants tied off with a rope.

Personality
Despite his impressive intellect, Rubeus prefers to spend the hours working with his hands. The satisfaction of looking over the product of an honest day’s work has coloured his view on spell craft, intrigue, medicine, and seamanship, and he approaches each of these endeavours with much the same fortitude as he does building a rocking chair. His impassiveness and his patience make him a formidable adversary, just as much as his arcane talents.
Backstory
TBA
ANDREW: Trait – Ship’s Surgeon
On a ship, a sailor often has to learn multiple skills, and this rule certainly applies to you. Your father was a woodworker, and you learned your first trade from him. But on your first voyage at sea you quickly found out that a carpenter is often a ship’s doctor as well—after all, who knows more about sawing off limbs than someone who saws wood for a living? People are a lot bloodier than wood, that’s for sure, but you haven’t had many complaints—those sailors who have enjoyed your services are either happy to be alive or dead, and there’s old salts who swear the peg legs you for made them are better than the real legs they used to have.
You were between ships in Port Peril, and after stopping for a drink at a tavern called the Formidably Maid, you happened upon a damsel in distress in the alleyway outside. Thinking you could help, you didn’t notice the thugs hiding nearby, and they caught you unawares. You’ve been on enough ships to know a press gang by the blow of the sap on the back of your neck—you just hope whatever ship you end up on needs a surgeon. Although the majority of your equipment was taken away when you were press-ganged, you managed to hang on to a fully stocked healer’s kit, and you begin the campaign with it, regardless of your starting circumstances.
Benefit You gain a +1 trait bonus on Craft (carpentry) and Heal checks, and Heal is a class skill for you.
ANDREW: Trait – Peg Leg
One of your legs was bitten off below the knee by a shark when you were just a child, and was replaced with a wooden peg leg. You’ve long since gotten used to your prosthesis, however, and take none of the normal penalties from having a peg leg.
Your balance always gets a bit shaky after a few drinks, and last night at the Formidably Maid—a tavern in Port Peril—was no exception. That must be why you fell to the floor as soon as you tried to stand up. What happened next is hazy, but you’re pretty sure you were dragged out of the bar and onto a ship at the docks. At least they didn’t throw you to the sharks…
Benefit You’ve had to learn to deal with the pain of your injury as well, and you gain a +1 trait bonus on Fortitude saves. Ever since your accident you’ve hated sharks, and you also gain a +1 trait bonus on damage rolls against sharks and other animals with the aquatic subtype.
ANDREW: Stumpy has the peg leg (of course) and rubues is the surgeon
DUNGEON MASTER: cool.
DUNGEON MASTER: Daniel do you have yours there?
DANIEL: Varek = Besmara’s Blessing: You were born aboard a ship at sea or down by the docks in a port city on an auspicious day. Old salts and sea dogs nod knowingly and say that Besmara the Pirate Queen, goddess of piracy, sea monsters, and strife, has marked you for a greater destiny. You don’t know anything about that, but you’ve always felt more at home on the sea than on land, and your keen eyes can easily pick out a sail on the distant horizon. You came to a tavern in Port Peril called the Formidably Maid in search of your fate. You’re not sure how many drinks you had, but they quickly went to your head and you passed out on the table before you found your destiny—unless it lay in the bottom of a bottle. Then again, maybe you found your destiny after all…
Benefit You gain a +1 trait bonus on Perception and Profession (sailor) checks. In addition, once per week you can reroll a Profession (sailor) check and take the higher result (you must announce that you are using this ability before the results of the check are known).
DANIEL: Lumak = River Rat: You learned to swim right after you learned to walk. As a youth, a gang of river pirates put you to work swimming in night time rivers and canals with a dagger in your teeth so you could sever the anchor ropes of merchant vessels.
Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus to damage dealt with a dagger and a +1 trait bonus to Swim checks. Swim is always a class skill for you.
DUNGEON MASTER: cool…someone what to call?
DUNGEON MASTER: *want
ANDREW: Its all you Daniel

  • Group call *
    DANIEL: Varek = Touch by the Sea: You’ve always felt the call of the sea and your blood surges with the ebb and flow of the tides. Perhaps one of your parents was a sailor or pirate, or maybe one of your ancestors had a bit of aquatic elf or undine blood in them. Whatever the reason, you’re as comfortable in the water as you are on land.
    You came to Port Peril in search of your destiny, and after a few drinks at a tavern called the Formidably Maid, you went down to the docks to take in a view of the sea. The last thing you remember is a blow to the back of your head and the waves rushing up to meet you.
    Benefit You gain a +1 trait bonus on Swim checks and Swim is a class skill for you. In addition, penalties on attack rolls made underwater are lessened by 1.
    DUNGEON MASTER: GAME STARTS HERE
    DANIEL: Lumak = Buccaneer’s Blood: One of your ancestors was an infamous Free Captain of the Shackles, whose very name struck fear in the hearts of those who sailed the seas in search of an honest living. Piracy is in your blood, and you’ve always longed to follow in your forebear’s footsteps and plunder the shipping lanes.
    You went to a tavern called the Formidably Maid, a notorious pirate hangout in Port Peril, eager to start your career as a buccaneer. While you were there, however, a dashing and flirtatious corsair caught your eye, and after a whirlwind night of booze and romance, you found yourself beaten senseless and stuffed in a sack, carried off to who knows where.
    Benefit You gain a +1 trait bonus on Intimidate and Profession (sailor) checks. In addition, you gain a one-time +1 trait bonus to your Disrepute and Infamy scores (see “The Life of a Pirate” in Pathfinder Adventure Path #55 for details on the Infamy system).
    DUNGEON MASTER: START OF THE ADVENTURE TAKE 2
    DUNGEON MASTER: You wake-up this morning in the dark hold of what you think is a Ship surrounded by several characters that look like you feel. You remember the night before—the ringing laughter of a wild night, the heady joy of excess, the scents of rich stewed meat and perfume lingering in their nostrils. However right now all you feel is pounding headache, the sickly taste of cheap wine in your mouth, the hard floor you are lying on, a rhythmic creaking noise, and the feeling of the room swaying, as if you were still drunk.
    ANDREW: “Uuuggnn,” says Stumpy.
    DUNGEON MASTER: Before you can do much more than sit up, however, several pairs of heavy footsteps enter the dark room, and the harsh light of a lantern painfully spears your eyes
    ANDREW: Rubeus rolls his head back to get a view of the entrants.
    DANIEL: Lumak opens his swollen eyes with a massive hang over, more so then he remembered. “What the..,” is all he manages to mutter.
    DANIEL: Varek’s vision while still cloudy slowly begins to clear as the noise wakens him from his slumber. Looking around in half shock and surprise, he sits up from the hard wooden floor.
    ANDREW: Before he can so much as get a view of the maker of the footsteps, Rubeus retches, vomiting the remaining contents of his stomach onto the slim, tan man near him. The smell is enough to make a person’s eyes water.
    DANIEL: Varek retches as the acidic and alcoholic stomach bile explodes over his chest, coughing in disgust as he realises what has occurred. It acts only to waken him from his hazy slumber as he realises something is terribly wrong.
    DUNGEON MASTER: A sneering man with a braided beard and a mouth full of gold teeth appears, his body is tall and thin, and even his long coat and heavy boots fail to give any impression of strength or bulk however he has entered the hold to wake you up and get you up to the main deck. Six rough-looking pirates, armed with saps, accompany him. An expression that might be mistaken for pain but which is clearly an attempt at a smile bruises Scourge’s face as he cracks the whip in his hand and screams at the PCs.
  • DUNGEON MASTER sent Mr Scourge.png,… *
    DUNGEON MASTER: “Still abed with the sun over the yardarm? On your feet, ye filthy swabs! Get up on deck and report for duty before Cap’n Harrigan flays your flesh into sausage skins and has Fishguts fry ye up for breakfast!
    DUNGEON MASTER: Scourge and the pirates herd you through the middle deck and onto the Wormwood’s main deck to meet the ship’s captain
    DUNGEON MASTER: As you walk you notice a funny tast in your mouths
    ANDREW: Stumpy’s grin is slow to return to his face as he is hauled to his feet and taken out into the sunlight.
    DUNGEON MASTER: the aftertaste is of oily nutmeg on the tongue
    ANDREW: Rubeus swallows and gets to his feet, doing his best to keep his head high and his feet steady.
    DANIEL: Varek silently curses as he realises he is not within the flea and vermin infested tavern but onboard a pirate ship. He rolls out of bed, praying to Besmara his legs can support his weight after the previous nights beating.
    ANDREW: Know(nature) 29
    DANIEL: Lumak nimbly hopes out of bed, more sure footed then his companions, quickly looking around at those within the room. Lumak also curses silently, as he comes to the conclusion the gold toothed pirate in front of him is in fact serious about his threats.
    DUNGEON MASTER: you recognize the aftertaste as a clear sign of oil of taggit poisoning you remember indulging in spicy food and spicy rum late last night, and that the oil was likely added to your food or drink, and the spices hid the taste of the taggit oil. you are slowly remembering seeing the face of Master Scourge last night as well, and can piece together the facts on how you were so easily press ganged.
    DUNGEON MASTER: the effect of oil of taggit is to be unconsciousness for 1d3 hours
    DUNGEON MASTER: When you all reach the main deck, it’s quickly apparent that you are on a sizable ship in the middle of the ocean, far from any land. Port Peril and the mainland of the Shackles are just an ochre haze many miles astern. Figures cluster around the ship’s mainmast, looking up at the higher deck on the stern, where two figures stand. One of them is a broad, muscular Garundi man with a shaven head, a long beard bound with gold rings, and an eye patch— clearly the captain. The other is a younger, balding man with a long black ponytail, wearing a long coat and carrying a well-used cat-o’-nine-tails.
    ANDREW: As he rises to his feet, Rubeus shakes his head fiercely and exhales, allowing his lips to make a “rbbbbbbr” sound. His hands slide over his garmets, checking to see what of his belongings remain.
  • DUNGEON MASTER sent Captain Harrigan.png,… *
  • DUNGEON MASTER sent Mr Plugg.png,… *
    DUNGEON MASTER: Rubeus notices that everything he had is no longer with him they clearly have taken everything. However by sheer luck he notices that they have missed his components pouch which is in the corner of one of his pockets
    DUNGEON MASTER: At this point you also notice that they are not the only new recruits—four others are standing with you on the deck, set apart by their relative cleanliness and their apparent unease with their newfound situation. A dozen or so other pirates, clearly existing members of the crew, stand about on the deck or in the ship’s rigging. Once you are all are on deck, the captain addresses the everyone
    ANDREW: \Rubeus takes the discovery in stride.

To his side, the somewhat more slow-witted Stumpy ponders the same question, his face reddening as he discovers most of his weapons are no longer at hand.
DUNGEON MASTER: Stumpy doesn’t feel much better as he realise he still has his dagger which was in hidden in a secret compartment in his pegleg. He doesn’t feel any better because the dagger is not the same as his greatsword
DUNGEON MASTER: “Glad you could join us at last! Welcome to the Wormwood!
My thanks for ‘volunteering’ to join my crew. I’m Barnabas Harrigan. That’s Captain Barnabas Harrigan to you, not that you’ll ever need to address me. I have only one rule—don’t speak to me. I like talk, but I don’t like your talk. Follow that rule and we’ll all get along fine.

“Oh, and one more thing. Even with you new recruits, we’re still short-handed, and I aim to keep what crew I have. There’ll be a keelhaulin’ for anyone caught killin’ anyone. Mr. Plugg! If you’d be so kind as to make pirates out of these landlubbers, it’ll save me having to put them in the sweatbox for a year and a day before I make pies out of ’em.”
DUNGEON MASTER: At the end of his speech, the captain walks away, leaving behind the man with the cat-o’-nine-tails. This you assume is Mister Plugg, the Wormwood’s first mate. He looks down at the “new recruits” and smiles unpleasantly.
DANIEL: Varek shivers slightly at the sight of the cat-o-nine tails and the expression shown openly on Mr Pluggs face. With no were to hide he prays to avoid attracting the attention of Mr Plugg.
DUNGEON MASTER: Mr Plugg addresses the eight of the new recruits. You belong to me! the sooner you understand that the easier it will be. I am the god you will now worship and my word is law. Any that don’t agree with me will be keelhauled at the Bloody hour. Understand"
DUNGEON MASTER: We are now going to find out what you will be doing on this ship! I am going to tell you what to do you will do it!
ANDREW: Rubeus watches with an impassive face as he listens to the speech of his new taskmaster.
DUNGEON MASTER: “You four”, Mr Plugg is pointing at our four heroes, “You will all race to climb to the crow’s nest on the mainmast above the main deck as fast as you can. anyone slacking will be whipped. Climb NOW! with that he cracks his whip”
DUNGEON MASTER: Climbing the rigging requires a DC 10 Climb check to reach the crow’s nest, 60 feet above the deck.
ANDREW: Stumpy does not hesitate a moment before leaping onto the rigging.

For his part, Rubeus waits just a moment before hopping up after Stumpy.
DANIEL: Lumak springs to the task, not so keen on the possibility of a lashing, realising he would need all his strength to survive.
Climb check: 1d20+9 = 15
Climb check: 1d20+9 = 20
Climb check: 1d20+9 = 17
Climb check: 1d20+9 = 12
Climb check: 1d20+9 = 15
Climb check: 1d20+9 = 15
Climb check: 1d20+9 = 21
Climb check: 1d20+9 = 22
Climb check: 1d20+9 = 17
ANDREW: Stumpy: [2 19 10 17 12 17 17 7 20] 9
ANDREW: Rubeus: [15 9 6 10 15 1 11] + 1
ANDREW: Both Rubeus and Stumpy climb methodically to the top. Rubeus slips once, but manages to catch himself and keep ascending.
DANIEL: Varek walks over and looks up, not as keen as the other’s to risk falling from such high. His goal is to climb, hoping someone else fails before he does to avoid the taste of the whip.
Climb check: 1d20
2 = 16
Climb check: 1d20+2 = 20
Climb check: 1d20+2 = 5
Climb check: 1d20+2 = 12
Climb check: 1d20+2 = 9
Climb check: 1d20+2 = 18
Climb check: 1d20+2 = 19
Climb check: 1d20+2 = 12
Climb check: 1d20+2 = 17
Climb check: 1d20+2 = 22
DUNGEON MASTER: “YOU” Mr Plugg yells at Lumak, "as you are the clear winner, you are now a rigger. you answer directly and report to me on a daily basis. All of you get down here now!
ANDREW: While at the top, Stumpy takes a look around to see how far off they are from land.
DUNGEON MASTER: As you all return to the deck, Mr Plugg Lines you all up and ask each one of you “Can you Cook”
ANDREW: Then, both he and Ruben comply with Mr. Plugg’s demand.
ANDREW: “I cannot,” replies Ruben.
“No,” growls Stumpy.
DANIEL: Varek stands there for a moment, catching his breath and at the same time glad his neck isn’t broken from failing. He looks around, content that cooking would be an ok job and it would give access to knives and potential weapons. “Yes sir, I can cook,” he answers without hesitating.
DANIEL: Bluff check: 1d20+6 = 18
DUNGEON MASTER: Right. You are the New Cooks Mate, you will be reporting to “Fishguts” the cook
DUNGEON MASTER: The rest of you worthless scum are all assigned to be swabs, under the command of Master Scourge. If I hear of any problems for Mr Scourge you will deal with me!
DANIEL: Varek: Cook’s mate check: 1d6 = 1
ANDREW: Both Stumpy and Ruben nod at hearing this news.
DANIEL: Day 01 – Lumak: Rigging check: 1d6 = 3
ANDREW: Stumpy: Day 1 Swab check = 5
Rubuen: day 1 Swab check = 6
DUNGEON MASTER: Mr Plugg Grabs Varek and guides him towards the kitchen. You met a huge man who sticks of Alcohol. “fishguts” you have a cooks mate. the food better be good tonight or you both get rope bashes, Understand." With that Mr Plugg Growls at the cook and leaves the kitchen
DUNGEON MASTER: After dealing with Varek, Mr Plugg returns for Lumak. – You come with me. Mr Plugg takes you to the mast points up to the rigging 50 feet up telling you what he wants you to do all day. you are required to be up in the rigging each day
DUNGEON MASTER: Mr Scourge grabs Stumpy and Rubuen and pulls a face that is supposed to be a smile but doesn’t quite make it past a ugly grimace. You belong to me now you worthless pieces of shit. “YOU” Mr scourge shouts at Stumpy, "your job today is to pass messages amoungst the officers and the crew.in all parts of this ship. No matter what you WILL NOT go into the officers’ quarters.
YOU” he yells at Reuben "your job is to repair all the sails and rope that breaks or frays today.
If either of you does not do their job or you cause any problems you will be punished severely….so please, please fuck up cause I am looking forward to causing you both pain you useless fuckers!
DUNGEON MASTER: Daytime Ship Actions
Work Diligently:
Gain a 4 bonus on any one check for a job’s daily task
Influence:
Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and attempt to influence a single NPC
Sneak:
Make normal checks for a job’s daily task and briefly explore one area of the ship (the PC can make a single Perception check or other skill check with no chance of detection)
Shop:
Take a –2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task and visit the quartermaster’s store (area A9)
Shirk:
Take a –2 penalty on all checks for a job’s daily task and take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC can take 10 on a single Perception check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered (see below).
DANIEL: Day 01 – Lumak: Rigger – Climb check: 1d20
9 = 19
Day 01 – Lumak: Rigger – Profession (sailor) check: 1d20+6 = 18

  • DUNGEON MASTER sent WormWood Map.docx,… *
    ANDREW: Day 1 – Stumpy – Acrobatics: 17+2=19; Con: 9+4=13
    Stumpy spends the day hobbling around with messages, taking his time to explore the ship as he does so.

Perception: 14+8=22
DUNGEON MASTER: Rigger: Riggers work the rigging and unfurl the sails. In battle, next to that of a boarding party, the riggers’ job is one of the most dangerous, as they pull enemy vessels near enough to board.

Swab: Any sailor who mops the decks. Also used as slang for any low-ranking or unskilled crew member.
ANDREW: Day 1 – Reuben – Prof(sailor) 19+8=27
Reuben spends the day repairing rigging, quite skilfully due to his immense experience as a sailor. He gives himself some time to scout as well, peeking about the ship to get the lay of the place.
Perception: 11+6=17
DUNGEON MASTER: Reuben notices the (A1) Foredeck: This raised deck stands some 10 feet above the main deck (area A3), immediately behind the bowsprit, which is shaped like a rearing dragon. The foremast rises 30 feet above this deck.
DUNGEON MASTER: A2. Poop Deck: This raised deck stands 15 feet above the main deck (area A3). The mizzenmast rises 30 feet above this deck. The ship’s bridge protrudes forward of the mizzenmast, and holds the ship’s wheel. The wheel is 3 feet across and has 10 spokes decorated with silver inlays, its bolts carved to resemble kraken heads. An iron cage hangs from the side of the mizzenmast, containing the body of a pirate an ugly parrot perches atop the cage, clearly waiting for its master to awaken (he is dead). the parrot, which has lost more than few of its feathers, is considered unfriendly and possesses a considerable vocabulary of appalling curse words.
Captain Harrigan and Mr. Plugg spend most of their time on this deck. When the captain is on deck, it is clear that the poop deck is off-limits to everyone but officers.
DUNGEON MASTER: A3. Main Deck: The ship’s main deck runs between the foredeck and poop deck. The mainmast rises from the center of the deck, extending 60 feet into the air and topped by a crow’s nest. Rigging connects the mainmast to the ship’s other masts and can be crossed with DC 10 Acrobatics or Climb checks. Several strands of thick rope are secured to the foot of the mainmast for use as a whipping post. The ship’s clock, a macabre brass-and copper object depicting worms writhing through whale corpses, hangs from the mast above the whipping post. Not only does the clock keep time, but its bell strikes at dawn and dusk to signal the beginning and the end of the workday.
Two 10-foot-square hatches sit in the deck fore and aft of the mainmast. These hatches are thick wooden grilles, two doors lead into the officers’ quarters (area A4), while two doors aft lead to the captain’s quarters (area A5).
A large wooden box bound in iron sits just beneath the bridge. This sweatbox, used to torment sailors, has just enough room to hold one Medium creature (and can be altered to confine a Small creature). It is locked with a good lock; Captain Harrigan and
Mr. Plugg have the keys.
A small jolly boat (same statistics as a rowboat) sits on the deck next to the port rail. It has two sets of oars but no mast. Although designed to carry four Medium passengers, the jolly boat can fit six at a push.
ANDREW: Stumpy, while delivering messages, makes a point of inspecting the poop deck.
Rubeus inspects the main deck while repairing sails & rigging.
ANDREW: [Redact the above.]
ANDREW: Stumpy, while delivering messages, makes a side trek to explore the odd room (A7).
Rubeus for his part snoops around A4.
DUNGEON MASTER: (A7) This tiny cabin contains two beds and two footlockers
DUNGEON MASTER: there is a strong smell of rum and on the bed is a sword, but it is not something you could easily hide and carry out
ANDREW: Stumpy grins in satisfaction at his discovery.
DUNGEON MASTER: A4 door is locked with what looks like a good lock
DUNGEON MASTER: A4. Officers’ Quarters
DUNGEON MASTER: the two narrow doors leading to the main deck (area A3) are locked with good locks
DANIEL: Day 01 -Varek: Influence the Chef – Varek regards ‘fishguts’, waiting until the sound of Mr Plugg’s leather boots on wood had faded. “Me name’s Varek,” with an incline of his head in the direction of Mr Plugg, “I maybe new but that guy has a cork so far up his ass he would float.” He softly chuckles, hoping fishguts shares the same temperament for Mr Plugg.
DUNGEON MASTER: “Fishguts” giggles a little at what you say but then pulls a stern face. You better be careful about what you say about a fellow officer on this ship. that’s a great way to get a beating! “Belch”
DANIEL: Day 01 – Varek – Diplomacy check (influence): 1d20+2 = 10
DUNGEON MASTER: Now we have work to do, my name is Ambrose Kroop, everyone calls me Fishguts. What is your name?
DUNGEON MASTER: “Hic”
DANIEL: “Varek Thronholm is me name. Found me way to The Shackles and after a few stiff drinks had the chance to board the Wormwood. How long have you served if ye don’t mind me askin?”
DUNGEON MASTER: Been on this ship for too years… you like a drink eh. so do I …Kroop takes a swig from a bottle but does not offer you any.
DUNGEON MASTER: now your job here is to be me cooks mate, which basically entails helping me prepare meals, and actually acquiring food for meals by fishing on a fairly regular basis!
DANIEL: Varek nods in agreement, “You won’t hear any complaints from me. Done me fair share of fishin over the years.”
DUNGEON MASTER: Good…you’ll do well then! now where was I (he takes another swig of his bottle) "you be careful here and do as you are told…It’s poison, this ship, but don’t let anyone hear you say it aloud. The hull listens, see, and the cap’n hears it all. Poison the Wormwood is, though, rotten to the core. You’ll not meet a more nasty, sour piece of work than Cap’n Harrigan in all your
days at sea, and his crew’s the same, ’specially the first mate, Mr. Plugg. Vicious little sod, he is. He’d take his own mother’s
liver to the butcher to make pies with, he would. But they leave me alone, mostly. They know I can’t ’arm ’em.”
DUNGEON MASTER: with that he grabs a live chicken puts it on his shoulder and starts stroking it under the chin and says right time to cut up the fish for fish stew tonight and he sets you off to work
DUNGEON MASTER: In the rigging Lumak meets “Ratline” another male Halfling, however today Ratline is clearly keeping his head down nd just doing his work
DUNGEON MASTER: Stumpy and Rubeus, while doing their swab rounds meet other swabs, Rosie a foul mouthed halfling (who seems to be stronger than everyone else twice her size), Giffer a bedraggled gnome with one eye and Sandra Quinn, a cleric of Besmara the Pirate Queen. Sandra seems to be very friendly and talks to you both, while the others just go about their work
DUNGEON MASTER: At dusk The entire crew gathers on deck, you see a man being hauled before Mr Plugg in chains and hear him accuse the man of stealing from the quartermaster
DUNGEON MASTER: MR Plugg and Mr Scourge interrogate the man (you you hear others call Jakes Magpie) who eventually breaks down and confesses.
DUNGEON MASTER: A loud announcement that a Keelhauling is to be done is made
DUNGEON MASTER: Ropes are attached to Jakes and he is then slowly keelhauled. [perception checks please]
ANDREW: Neither Stumpy and Rubeus show any reaction at the announcement of the keelhauling.
ANDREW: Stumpy perception: 2+8=10
Rubeus per: 4+6=10
DANIEL: Day 01 – Lumak – Perception check: 1d20+7 = 25
Day 01 – Varek – Perception check: 1d20+5 = 13
DUNGEON MASTER: Lumak notices the relish with which Mr. Plugg, in particular, tugs at the rope as the unfortunate Magpie is dragged under the ship for 12 rounds.
DUNGEON MASTER: What appears on the other side of the Keelhauling does not look like a man a blob that has been cut to shreds
DUNGEON MASTER: Mr Plugg says, those of you that want to say goodbye to hi do so now. but be aware he ain’t going to be in a talkative mood. Plugg and Scourge laugh at the joke, and move away saying…throw him over to the sharks. that will teach him the lesson
DUNGEON MASTER: you notice some in the crowd have enjoyed it whilst others are clearly keeping an impassive face and bearing it, in some cases it is hard to tell
ANDREW: Rubeus takes the time to inspect the body, even though he knows full well what a keelhauling will do to man.
Heal: 2+6=8
DANIEL: Lumak moves closer to see if there is anything of value he could palm without notice?
DANIEL: Varek takes a closer look at the man and his injuries. Heal check: 1d20+5 = 16
DANIEL: Lumak Perception check: 1d20+7 = 24
DUNGEON MASTER: Varek notices that that the unfortunate Jakes took about 24 points of damage from the punishment and drowned as well from the Keelhauling.
DUNGEON MASTER: Lumak doesn’t find anything and is confident that they took everything off him but his plain clothes before the keelhauling
DANIEL: Varek stands before making a few words, “Besmara, this man was caught and found gilty of thieving. If he had the skill none would be the wiser and he would have got away with it. Now this man shall join you in your cold watery domain for all time.”
DUNGEON MASTER: Sandra walks over to the corpse and also says a prayer to Besmara over it and says to Varek well put brother she then turns to all four of you and says, with a sad face welcome to the “Bloody Hour”. This happens each day before leisure time". She then helps throw the body to the sharks attracted to the blood during the Keelhauling.

View
Welcome to your Adventure Log!
A blog for your campaign

Every campaign gets an Adventure Log, a blog for your adventures!

While the wiki is great for organizing your campaign world, it’s not the best way to chronicle your adventures. For that purpose, you need a blog!

The Adventure Log will allow you to chronologically order the happenings of your campaign. It serves as the record of what has passed. After each gaming session, come to the Adventure Log and write up what happened. In time, it will grow into a great story!

Best of all, each Adventure Log post is also a wiki page! You can link back and forth with your wiki, characters, and so forth as you wish.

One final tip: Before you jump in and try to write up the entire history for your campaign, take a deep breath. Rather than spending days writing and getting exhausted, I would suggest writing a quick “Story So Far” with only a summary. Then, get back to gaming! Grow your Adventure Log over time, rather than all at once.

View

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.